Thursday, April 14, 2011

Technology and time

Last week I sent an email to the staff about the use of technology and how sometimes it makes us more efficient and sometimes it doesn't. For the past couple of weeks, I have been, for the most part, sans internet and cable TV. The good news is that I have been very productive in my spare time. So my question is, does the technology really make us more efficient? I encourage everyone to think about what technology you currently use and ask yourself if it makes you more productive. If not, is it something you can part with, or use less of? Time is such a precious resource and I think that any time we can figure out a way to capitalize on that we should. Take some time to think about where you spend your time - Do you need it? Does it make you better at what you do? If you can part with it, what will you do with your time?