Saturday, June 27, 2015

On a new journey, starting with AMLE Leadership Institute

I decided a while back that my professional and personal journey needed to combine efforts and I made the decision to move back to Ohio to be near family.  In addition to that, I also decided to look for a position that would continue my path of school leadership, but perhaps on a larger scale.  My job and home search have granted me the opportunity to go back to where it all started for me - Bowling Green, Ohio.  Effective in July, I will be serving the Bowling Green City Schools as the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning.  I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to working with staff, students, and families.  I am also looking forward to building relationships with Bowling Green State University to help benefit both entities.

As if a wonderful job opportunity isn't enough, I have also been blessed with living less than 30 minutes from all of my wonderful family.  I feel like it's not very often that this gets to happen to us, so I am both appreciative and excited about this move.

As I returned from Virginia, I had a few quick days to get myself together before traveling to San Diego - I know, rough life.  My trip to San Diego is not only relaxing and filled with blue skies, it is my first time serving as faculty at AMLE's Leadership Institute.  I remember attending this conference as a first year principal and remembering just how much I learned and was able to take back into the school.  I couldn't get enough.  Now, I get to be a part of people's learning who attend!

Yes, this past month has been a little busy, and July promises to be no different, but wow am I lucky!  I am looking forward to forging the path forward on my journey and to all of the new things I will learn along the way.