Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer: Back to Blogging

Last week I attended the AMLE Leadership Institute - which had an excellent technology interface - forced a lot of people out of their comfort zone.  However, for me, it was a reminder of how much I needed to get back to using the digital tools I have used in the past.  One of the best sessions I attended was about Online Learning Environments (David Hayward).  His perspective was so broad on this subject that it really opened my thinking.  What really makes an online learning environment?  If you are reading this right now, you are in one.  Chances are that you searched something, then something else, landed on this, and here you are reading about my post from the conference.  What about Twitter and YouTube?  These are more than just tools to put out thoughts and funny videos.  What an excellent way to get the most up to date trends and create ideas.  Technology has expanded our audience to be world wide - we are no longer just limited to the people sitting in the room, but rather we can open it to anyone who wants to know.  Think about your online environments.  Where do you go for news?  How do you find out what is the best of the best for your school, vacation, shopping deals? - the list goes on.  Engaging with material is learning - now think about that!